Sunday, March 13, 2016

WIshful...

I wish I could write, I wish I could write, I wish I could write...


I'm injured with god knows what in my right glute/lower back/hip, and have not been able to run for the past 2 weeks.  The injury came smack in the middle of my training for the upcoming Salzburg Marathon in Austria in May.  But I'm sort of coping with the idea that maybe I will be run/walking that one, doing it for the experience and the trip and that end is ok.  No, what's really getting to me is the realization that running truly has become my THING, and without it, the world is starting to crumble around me.  I gave yoga a shot tonight for the first time in many years, and it was fine (I sucked at most of the poses, but got some good stretching and relaxation out of it.)  Meanwhile, I'm quite certain I've gained at least 5 pounds in the past 2 weeks and have become generally lethargic without the activity and regulation of my daily training schedule.

I don't know... I wish I could write, I wish I could write, I wish I could write.  I have so many existential feelings on this matter, floating around my head, but I lack the patience and focus to get them all out in words.  (This is also part of the reason that I NEED running.)

No comments:

Post a Comment